Monday, November 06, 2006

02112006469

So it's nearly two years since I discovered Duoboots, the people who make boots for the, er, muscular calf. And super-slim calves. But who has those?

Anyway, I promptly forgot about them, which is why I have a blog to remember things for me. But I forgot to like even remember.

I've never owned a pair of leather up-t-the-knees boots. Ever. I've tried on loads, but I've never found boot-nirvana.

Thursday, a friend reminded me of Duo, and I promptly went down to their Saville Row trying-on salon (they have all the boots in every calf size) and queued for 90 minutes with other women equally desperate for this seasons boots/skirt combo.

I found a perfect pair of boots. Black, leather, flat, sensible, perfect. I paid £10 extra to get them delivered next day, which by late on Thursday would be Saturday.

They didn't come Saturday (although I was dying to wear them for shul), and they didn't come this morning (and I really wanted to wear them tonight, as some friends are taking me out for dinner for my birthday).

When I called them this morning, Kim told me they hadn't been dispatched. I asked why. She told me the warehouse don't answer the phone on Monday, because they're very busy. This did not instill confidence in their company.

I won't bore you with the service shtick, but let's just say the boots might be great, the marketing might make it look like everything's fabulous, but I had to call them on a stupid 0845 number (3p a minute) about three times because only one person ever called me back. And all the people I talked to told me about how their system works not about how they could help me as a customer.

Let's just say the user experience was disappointing.

And now I remember, Maya the supervisor was supposed to call me to tell me they were dispatched today, and she didn't. So who knows if they will arrive tomorrow.

But hell. I've waited 3X years for knee-high leather boots. What's another few days?

G!d but I'm feeling forgiving.

And the pink pattern? It's the wallpaper in their central London store.

No comments: