Monday, November 06, 2006

cupcakes

What is it with cupcakes?

Methinks they are yet another American import, although I'm not complaining. I mean, who made cupcakes five years ago? Now we're all Nigella and cupcaked-to-the-hilt.

Although we did make butterfly buns at school, which are basically cupcakes with fiddly bits that your Home Ec teacher has to show you how to do. Except now I'm the adult I'm supposed to just know by osmosis how to do the fiddly bit.

I saw butterfly buns on sale in a Starbucks today.

I think the prospect of global warming, terrorism and general social meltdown makes people want home-spun sugary goodness. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

Saw these in Portobello Friday - I had the small purple one in the top right hand corner. It was tiny. This is great - you don't really want a whole one, but you definitely want a taste, right?

No comments: