Friday, November 15, 2002

Saw Harry Potter And The Chamber of Secrets last night. Camden, Odeon Town again. I won't do a whole review thing, because they're all over the shop, so why read mine? Let's just say it's a fun movie; very slightly too long for my liking, and rather twee in plot terms. Any fabulously imagined thing that gets introduced-with-benefits (a phoenix can cure things with its tears, and travel really fast... I think that was it), all the benefits get used at the end. So you kinda know what's going to happen. But great cameos from Kenneth Branagh as Gilderoy Lockhart, Miriam Margolyes as Professor Sprout, and John Cleese as the ghost Nearly Headless Nick.

I haven't read the books, but you can't help feeling that Ron is going to eventually get it together with Hermione (whose hair, I'm sure, is curlier in this second movie), and Harry'll end up with Ron's sister. But hey, what do I know?

No comments: